Leon Russell Records Guestbook Sign the Guestbook | Administration
Friday, May 29, 2015 05:55
Thank you for visiting LeonRussellRecords.com. You can submit an entry to the guestbook here.
Total Records: 9212   Records Viewed Per Page: 20 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 461
Name Comments
3532) Judy Moore 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 12:51 Write a comment

Looking forward to seeing you in St Louis tomorrow. I never manage to see you down in Soulard.
3531) paul harradine 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3
Wednesday, April 12, 2006 03:15 Write a comment

Hi guys,
Is there a dvd or video of Leons Leon live performances available. I have seen bangla desh but am looking for more. any help would be great.
Thanks , Paul

E, Murray Friday, April 14, 2006 03:11
Hi!
Go to amazon.com, search for Leon Russell and then select the dvd grouping. There is a Bluegrass revival, A Song for you and more.
Hope this helps!
3530) Jack 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 23:56 Write a comment

Can anyone tell me how many different artists have recorded Leon's tune "A Song For You"?

Fred Silva Wednesday, April 12, 2006 19:12
"A Song for You" Leon Russell, 1970 Donny Hathaway, 1971
The Carpenters, 1972
The Temptations, 1975
Herbie Hancock, Christina Aguilera, and of course the late Great Ray Charles and in 2005 Michael Buble. Can anyone think of others????

Fred Silva Wednesday, April 12, 2006 19:33
I'd like to add Ron Carter, 1980& re-released in 2003 and Kenny Rankin 2002
Any More???

Fred Silva Wednesday, April 12, 2006 19:48
You can add Donny Hathaway 1971. Andy Williams 1971, Jasper Steverlinck 2004, Simply Red 2005, and Peter Gallagher 2005
Any More???

Jbird Thursday, April 13, 2006 21:02
Helen Ready

Larry Friday, April 14, 2006 11:50
Any More? I am familiar with at least 75 versions of this song. Everyone from Aretha,Simply Red,Herbie Hancock,Willie but Ray Charles's version is exceptional. People as diverse as Cocker,Carpenters,Cher,Natalie Cole,Carmen McRae, Woody Herman, Peabo Bryson, Phil Driscoll have all covered the song
3529) Holly 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Tuesday, April 11, 2006 12:32 Write a comment

Looking forward to this Thursday's concert in St. Louis !!! Haven't seen Leon in 20 years !!!!
3528) Elizabeth Murray 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; YPC 3.2.0; yplus 5.
Monday, April 10, 2006 22:39 Write a comment

Last night's concert in Waxahachie, Texas was incredible. Mr. Russell still has those magic fingers on the keyboard and deeply soulful vocals. The night was heavenly. Nice small venue, wonderful!
Thanks Leon...you gave two 50+ hippie chicks a real shot of adrenaline.
Take care of yourself and God's blessings to you and your family.
3527) Donna Walden 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3
Monday, April 10, 2006 06:37 Write a comment

Leon, friends, and fellow lifers (you there Merge Op?)
Worried about the terrible storms in and around Gallatin. Is everybody okay? Need to know that all is well with Leon, family, and the farm. Somebody please let me know if you here anything! Thanks a bunch. There's no one like Leon - been #1 with me for 34 years and will be for life! I've got my fingers crossed that there were no losses for the Russell clan and am so sad that there were losses for so many others in Gallatin. There's nowhere like the Tennessee mountains and no one like Leon!
Donna W.
3526) Suzi Phair 
Saturday, April 8, 2006 07:18 Write a comment

Hi Just watched 'Mad dogs and englshmen' DVD and thought you were memerising.
Any chance you'd come to Australia?
A question - did you do an album called Leon Russell and Friends?
Cheers big ears Suzi P.
3525) Mike Kitts 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; yie6; FunWebPr
Saturday, April 8, 2006 03:24 Write a comment

Leon:
Saw you in Albuquerque in March at the Old El Rey Theater. You made the evening feel like the warm glow of aged cognac. That night was your 64th birthday, and the 65th anniversary of that historic old club. Thanks, Leon for coming to Albuquerque, spending your birthday with us, and gracing that old building. An evening well worth the effort.
3524) Sterling"BEETLE" Bailey 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98)
Friday, April 7, 2006 21:56 Write a comment

Leon--Can hardly wait to see you at the Leesburg Bike Fest.My son Todd & his fiance' Alexis will be riding up with me and several other bikers.We both love the BLUES & we also play guitar.My brother-in-laws brother is George McCorkle (Original strummer with the Marshall Tucker Band).You guys are great influences for the kids, now they are getting hooked on the "real" rock & blues.Thanks for performing for us.-Sterling
3523) trish 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; FunWebProducts
Friday, April 7, 2006 16:11 Write a comment

dear leon, i saw you last summer in malone texas and it was one of the best shows in my life. thanks for signing my album covers for me. ( i loved the hank wilson signature also ) in the concert for bangalesh dvd i have, i LOVE the part when harrison says " STAND UP LEON"
keep rockin and hopefully i'll see you soon.
trish
3522) rosie 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4 View Web Page 
Friday, April 7, 2006 14:12 Write a comment

You have always been in my top 2...you and Willie share the top 2...my all time favorites through and through...have tickets to enjoy you once again in Jupiter (May 1st)...Can't wait! I can't even begin to tell you how much your musical talent has enriched my listening experiences! I feel to try wouldn't do you justice as you're far better than words alone! Love you Leon & band!!
3521) Linda Stockman 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; MSN 2.5; Windows 98; Compaq)
Friday, April 7, 2006 14:05 Write a comment

Next week you will be at Harrah's St Louis I cannot wait. I saw you with Joe Cocker in the early 70's. I was with my older brother and 25 years later it is still one of the best times the two of us have ever had together. He lives in Arizona now and his schedule he cannot change. So I am taking my younger brother so he can understand what we have talked about for the last 25 years. Your contributions to the music industry and generations of people will never be surpassed.
Thank you Mr. Russell,
Linda Stockman
3520) Lidia Dotson 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; Media Center P
Friday, April 7, 2006 03:14 Write a comment

Mr. Russell:

I just wanted you to know how much your music has touched my life...I am now 48 and have a 18 year old son who should have been born in the era when you first started since your music is the only music he listens to...thank goodness for this....needless to say if he had been born when you, Mr. Clapton and Jim Morrison was around I truly believe he would give you all a run for your money...thanks again for making my son and my life worth while.
3519) Jim Noel 
IP logged Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/200411
Thursday, April 6, 2006 17:36 Write a comment

Leon: Have been to so many shows I lost count [15-20 or so]. Mostly in South Florida starting at Jai lie Fronton. Love your stuff - particularly the bluesy swamp boogie tunes like "Cajun Love Song" which I have never seen you do. Also never heard "...Takes a train to cry" nor my all time favorite from MadDogs "Cry me a River" which Cocker is still doing 36 years later -that arangement was brilliant. But everything you do is that so keep on rollin'--Mr. Bridges -- and thanks for a lifetime of piano intros and bump along enjoyment --- see you at the intersection in Grand Rapids.
3518) John 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Thursday, April 6, 2006 14:52 Write a comment

WOW! I'm really stoked that you're coming to Threadgill's tomorrow. Since someone is hoping you'll autograph his guitar, I gotta bring some old album covers and see how that goes.
3517) Jon 
Thursday, April 6, 2006 02:19 Write a comment

I'm from Boise (Idaho), in Austin on business, and staying about spitting distance from Threadgills, the location of the Friday April 7th show. What good fortune! I've been a huge fan for many, many years and really look forward to hearing, seeing, and hopefully meeting Leon at the Threadgills beer garden. I brought my crappy Chinese Squier Strat for the motel room. Leon, would ya' autograph that for me please? I love this town.

JMT.
3516) jason collins 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; AOL 9.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; FunWe
Wednesday, April 5, 2006 23:01 Write a comment

Leon we had a great time at tulsa and the muskogee show. thank ya for talking to us and the songs you don`t do much. come back to mempis sometime or nashville or somewere in tn or ky. and thanks for being you and the poems peace to you and yours yall rock jbird
3515) Jack 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; FunWebProducts
Wednesday, April 5, 2006 18:37 Write a comment

Leon, saw you over 30 years ago either in St. Pete or Tampa Florida. You are still as good as always.
3514) mary 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; Win 9x 4.90)
Wednesday, April 5, 2006 18:36 Write a comment

Leon & company: THANK YOU! for an awesome, incredible, mind blowing, wonderful time in OK! you all deserve a break! travel safe, stay healthy! i can hardly wait for Melbourne, Leesburg,St. Pete and Jupiter! see ya' down the road!
oh, Happy b'day, too! meme
3513) Bob Cox 
IP logged Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.12) Gecko/20050
Tuesday, April 4, 2006 21:54 Write a comment

Leon, you did it again in Oklahoma! You gave everyone an awesome, high-energy show in Tulsa at your Birthday Bash and then your LIFERS were on the receiving end of not only an awesome performance, but also played some songs we haven't heard in a while. The Roxy was definitely rockin' with Lifers dancing at their seats, in the aisles and up in the balcony too.

We love you, Leon... thanks for being you!
HTML code is disabled 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 461