Leon Russell Records Guestbook Sign the Guestbook | Administration
Monday, August 3, 2015 21:18
Thank you for visiting LeonRussellRecords.com. You can submit an entry to the guestbook here.
Total Records: 9247   Records Viewed Per Page: 20 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 463
Name Comments
3567) Pam DeCecco 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4
Thursday, April 27, 2006 19:10 Write a comment

I am sooooo excited to see you at Hartwood acres. I have loved you in a space and time myself. I will count the days until the concert. So many times I have wondered how you were and what you had been doing. It will be a pleasure to finally see you in person after all these years. I hope you are well and I hope the weather will be with us on July 22nd.
3566) Vicky F. 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; AOL 9.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; FunWe View Web Page 
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 18:19 Write a comment

I have been a fan of Leon's since the 70's!!! His music is so beautiful and comes from the heart! A combination of blues, country and rock! GO LEON!!!
3565) FrankC 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 17:27 Write a comment

I saw the American Idol debacle. I even called my ex-wife while Idol was still on to tell her that Leon had been disrespected. I hope the show's producers will acknowledge the mistake.
3564) Linda & Steve 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 15:36 Write a comment

Thank you for making every girls fantasy marriage proposal come true for me. It will be part of our families story that will occupy its own SPACE AND TIME forever.
3563) sheliah 
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 15:02 Write a comment

Look at the message board at americanidol.com..there's lots of postings under general discussion & elliott yamin re Leon not receiving the recognition for " A Song for You"
3562) la-de-da-girl 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:15 Write a comment

I was also upset about Leon not getting credit for A Song For You sung on American Idol last night. Does anyone know their e-mail address? They need to correct the mistake!
3561) Pam3cats 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1)
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 01:37 Write a comment

Leon, One of the American Idol contestants sang A Song for You on tonight's show. The kid Elliott who sang gave Donny Hathaway credit for YOUR SONG!!! Idol needs to correct the mistake! I wrote them and told them that ASFY was written by you, the one and only Master of Space and Time!!! LL, Pam
3560) Jim Barnhart 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; FunWebProducts View Web Page 
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 00:48 Write a comment

I was watching American Idol and someone sang "A Song for You". I kept thinking, "That's Leon Russell". I ran and found an old song book and; sure enough. It is sad that sometimes we forget how great a writer/performer someone really is. Leon, you are great and it great to know that you are still out there giving us future memories.
3559) Maddox 
Wednesday, April 26, 2006 00:38 Write a comment

Finally got to hear a Leon song on American Idol and was upset that Leon got no recognition for his music, it was given to someone who did a cover.
3558) lizzyluppi 
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 23:22 Write a comment

is there a song titled "my life in time" ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if there is, i need to here it!!!!!!!!!!, please send me a link , so my father and i can here it!!!!!!!!!!

Sonny from NYC Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:24
I think you mean "A Song For You."

"I've been so many places, in my life and time.
I've sung alotta songs, I've made some bad rhyme..."

Will Wednesday, April 26, 2006 14:44
I think the song your looking for is "A Song For You" by Donny Hathaway, Lizzy. Just kidding. The song is "A Song For You" by Leon. Might be able to get it off one of the illegal download sources, but better yet, buy the album. "Leon Russell"

Will Wednesday, April 26, 2006 18:49
"I've been so many places in my life and time" That one? That's an old Donny Hathaway song. Just kidding. That's Leon's "A Song For You". If you can't find that, you don't have a browser, but rather than download it, go to a record store and buy the CD "Leon Russell", it's excellent. Your dad will thank you.
3557) Greg Fisher 
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 22:27 Write a comment

I was watching American Idol tonight (4/25/06) and heard one of the contestants sing "A Song for You". Was really disappointed they didn't give you any credit as the songwriter.
3556) Matthew 
Tuesday, April 25, 2006 15:35 Write a comment

Jamie,
I want to thank you for teaching me those arm and neck exercises you taught me in Tulsa. I have introduced them to my students and other musicians in Iowa and it seems to be catching on. Thanks for your time!
Matthew Nevins
3555) Ken Molnar 
IP logged Opera/8.54 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en)
Saturday, April 22, 2006 08:03 Write a comment

Thanks for all the great music. I saw you in Bellricia Mass. at a small club about 16 years ago. Glad your still out there, you've been a major influence in my own attempts at piano playing. Take Care

Fred Silva Tuesday, April 25, 2006 03:28
Ken, Good News. Leon will be in Lowell, Ma on Friday Aug. 4, 2006
3554) Gary Weatherly 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4 View Web Page 
Friday, April 21, 2006 21:55 Write a comment

"Stranger In A Strange Land" was one of my all time favorites - No One could sing that "bridge" like you, Leon. Does Don Preston still work with you? He inspired me to learn guitar back in 1958 Easter week at Balboa Island....He would kick back and play that big Gibson (L-5?) sounding just like Barney Kessel, well, you know. - A-Hay let's have another album from Hank Wilson!
3553) Mike Farrell 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.5
Thursday, April 20, 2006 19:29 Write a comment

Thanks Leon for all the great music you have given to the world. I have been listening to Mad Dogs and Englishmen these days. It was quite a phenomenon at the time, they used to play Cry Me a River and Delta Lady at the first highschool dances I went to in the early 70's. I like many of the tunes that you penned especially Masquerade and Master of Space and Time.
3552) Randy L. Watson 
Thursday, April 20, 2006 00:38 Write a comment

I had the privilidge to see Leon in St. Louis on 04/13/06 and it was more than I could have imagined. That was the first time I saw him live and didn't know what to expect. Like me, he has aged so I wanted to see how he handled it. Those fingers really tickled the ivories and kept the band moving at a fast pace. I tried to keep a list of the songs, but a few got by me. If anyone has a listing of the songs in his current set, please let me know. Thanks for the great music over the years, Leon. How about another Hank Wilson volume?

MaryAnn Thursday, April 20, 2006 09:33
Delta Lady
Rollin' In My Sweet Baby's Arms/Stranger in a Strange Land
Night Time is the Right Time
Kansas City Woman
It Takes A Lot to Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry
Message From My Baby
Let The Good Times Roll
Dixie Lullaby
Any Way You Want Me
Back to the Island
Wild Horses
A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall Hummingbird
Daddy Sang Bass/Will the Circle Be Unbroken?
Georgia
Prince of Peace
Out In the Woods
Band introductions
Walking Blues Song (Curly slide guitar solo)
Lucky Old Sun (Leon solo)
A Song For You (Leon solo)
Jumpiní Jack Flash
Papa Was A Rolling Stone
Paint It Black
Kansas City
encores can be: Great Balls of Fire and Roll Over Beethoven
3551) Tom 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; FunWebProducts
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 18:17 Write a comment

I can't wait til June 2nd Leon! I fell in love with your music when a friend had me listen to 'Carney'......unbelievable and you still are. 'Anything Can Happen' and 'Face in the Crowd' are vintage Leon for those that haven't listened to those albums yet.
Looking forward to seeing you perform.
(My wife actually bought my tickets for me last Christmas)God Bless You Leon!
Tom
3550) Hannah 
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 12:50 Write a comment

Leon was just amazing in Indianapolis... His version of "Lucky Old Sun" brought tears to my eyes. I stood close to the stage for awhile, and the sound just filled my whole head. It was an Elmer Gantry experience -- this great combo of religion and sex. Yay to Leon and the band!!!

The venue stunk and the sound was muddy, but Leon overcame it all, and put on one of the best shows I've seen in forever. And Jaime Babbitt is way too hot! Amazing vocalist. Excellent excellent band.

I saw Leon in 1982 outside Cincinnati, with Willie Nelson, Marshall Tucker and Ricky Skaggs. He was amazing then too.

My cousin turned me on to Leon when I was 17 and living briefly in Cincy. We'd lie on her floor, turn out the lights, drink Coronas, and listen to Will O' the Wisp, still one of my favorite albums of all time.

Thanks Leon!
3549) Jamie Ellington 
IP logged Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/2006
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 02:06 Write a comment

Leon rocks my world.
I just saw him in St. Louis. He is just as awesome as he was when I grew up in Tulsa.
I used to drive past his house in Tulsa just to peek at him
3548) Jamie Ellington 
IP logged Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.0.2) Gecko/2006
Wednesday, April 19, 2006 01:58 Write a comment

I saw Leon last Thursday 4-13-06 at Harrahs in St. Louis. I grew up seeing Leon in Tulsa. Leon is best in Tulsa. He puts on a better show at home. I will agree. He is better in Tulsa. I cant wait to see him at the Wildwod Springs Lodge in September.
HTML code is disabled 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 463