Leon Russell Records Guestbook Sign the Guestbook | Administration
Saturday, January 21, 2017 10:10
Thank you for visiting LeonRussellRecords.com. You can submit an entry to the guestbook here.
Total Records: 10485   Records Viewed Per Page: 20 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 525
Name Comments
4805) Paula 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 12:30 Write a comment

Went to the Culture Room on Saturday and was so disappointed that I couldn't stay to see the show. But, I was determined to see one more performance so I went up to Orlando on Sunday. Spoke to some of the band members who were really nice, and got lots of photos too. One photo of Leon turned out to be great. Anyway, Leon and the band made my day! It really is such pure pleasure listening to them perform. Hope they'll keep coming back to Florida so that I have a chance to see them again.
4804) Troy Foster 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Tuesday, February 26, 2008 11:49 Write a comment

I saw Mr. Russell the first time in 1974 at Tampa Fl, the fairgrounds, along with War, Dr. John, the New York Dolls, and Rare Earth, Wolfman Jack was there and everytime he walked out on stage, he got booed off. The Last time was in 1989 in Knoxville, TN at a local bar, I look foward to seeing Leon play in Laurel, MS on March 13
4803) Mike Levin 
IP logged Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/523.15.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Safari/523.15 View Web Page 
Monday, February 25, 2008 17:13 Write a comment

Leon,

Thanks for the great show yesterday here in Orlando. Over the years, your music has been a good part of my life. I snapped a picture of you leaving the show you might enjoy: http://flickr.com/photos/mikelevin/2290013394/

Your band rocked, too. Chris gave me some guitar pointers.

It's apparent you love what you do.

Best...

Mike
4802) Chris Olenek 
IP logged Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/523.10.6 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0.4 Safari/523.10.6
Sunday, February 24, 2008 15:07 Write a comment

Leon,
I am really looking forward to finally seeing you perform.
I have been a fan of your since the Concert for Bangladesh album and your accomplishments since then have been staggering. Probably prior to then as well!0.
I would have enjoyed seeing you in the Concert for George as you were noticably missing on stage.

I am looking forward to seeing you front row in Jupiter Florida in May.

I think your lyrics are among the best ever written by anyone. What was your inspiration for this Masquerade and who were some of your favorite artists who influenced you?

Regards.

See you in /on Jupiter.

Chris
4801) Linda 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; AOL 9.1; AOLBuild 4334.34; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)
Sunday, February 24, 2008 14:07 Write a comment

Many years I have tried to see your show, and for one reason or another it never happened. I finally got to see you Feb 23, Ft. Lauderdale @ The Culture Room , Thank you for performing, The best in all you do.....
4800) susie 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Sunday, February 24, 2008 02:17 Write a comment

What a wonderful evening I have had with you and the boys!! I moved down from Memphis to Ft Lauderdale this past August and this was my best night of all. I will be turning 60 this year and you have already made it special. I met you after the concert and I thank you.
Susie
4799) john beyrooty 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; AOL 9.1; AOLBuild 4334.34; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Saturday, February 23, 2008 19:53 Write a comment

Holy Smokes !! Great Balls of Fire indeed !!

With much love and respect to the Shelter People, this latest version of the band will forever be referred to by little ol'/old me as Leon And The Pyro People.

OK, so maybe it is not the most imaginative name, but, I mean, these guys must be pyromaniacs the way they continue to torch venues/burn holes on/in each and every stage they play, night in and night out.

Along with friends on both coasts, I managed to catch Leon & Co. on six of the first seven stops of their tour a few weeks ago -- twice in North Carolina (Charlotte, Carrboro) and four nights in a row in Southern California (Malibu, Lancaster, Encinitas and San Juan Capistrano).

Needless to say, but I will anyway, they fried/cooked/smoked/shredded wherever they played.

If you haven't seen this latest version, what we/fans are getting these days are what we have always got, only better: damn near electrifying performances -- 90 minutes of non-stop music: fast, loud and with perfect sound, yet another classic dynamite, smash-mouth Leon Russell Rock 'N Roll History Lesson manufactured by talented musicians who seem to genuinely be having a great time ....

Even though time don't mean that much to him, Jack is smiling and laughing as much as ever, so you know something is going right -- Jack, by the way, has now sung "LTGTR" in 2,339 consecutive shows -- and counting (not really, just made a number up) ... for real, though, Grant has never played the drums better ... the not-so-new new guys, "Can't Miss" Chris (lead guitar) and "Keep On Tryin" Brian (keyboards) are excellent and add another dimension to the songs and sounds we/many of us are familiar with.

Ben, the sound dude, consistently pulls it all together magnificently. One of the many things he excels in is his ability to anticipate and adapt the sound on the fly. The band could be playing their butts off, but if the sound is off, how would we know ?? In that regard/respect, Ben is The Ultimate Facilitator ...

For the record/CD/8-track/cassette/IPod/ MP3 player, etc., my little Leon Live tour was supposed to consist of seven of the first eight shows and five straight in SoCal, but the show at the Trump Super Bowl Party in which Edgar W. was slated to open, was cancelled an hour or so before it was scheduled to begin due to poopy weather (cold, rain, 40 mph winds, etc.).

Not even Ben, the Master of Sound And Stuff, had a chance this time around ...

What irked some was that the Trump concert/show was scheduled outside (under a big tent/canopy) with no contingency plan to bring it indoors.

Lots of folks we talked with who had paid the $110 or whatever it was to attend were fairly bummed -- said they were there mostly for the music ... since, however, it was a "donation" to a charity event, there were no refunds. Oh, well ...

Only "Leon" folks I knew were Don and Debbie Burns of lovely Los Alamitos, Calif. ... Don, as usual, had planned to "bribe" (haha) Leon into singing "Rainbow" -- this time, he created a cartoon-like picture of Trump defiantly pointing an index finger at Leon, saying something like, "You're fired if you don't play 'Rainbow' '' ...

Nice touch, but if Trump was going to dismiss anybody, it should have been the brilliant hires he made to set up the musical portion of what was a gala event, who obviously just figured it would be warm and sunny on a Palos Verdes peninsula this/that time of year (ummmmmm, DUH !!) ...

As for the appreciation stuff I tend to mention from time to time, it is pretty difficult to kick back and "absorb" anything when you are getting totally blown away by what is happening a mere few feet in front of you -- and that -- no surprise -- is what transpired each evening ...

Stop if you're read this before, but regardless if you know the songs and shows note for note, or are seeing Leon, a true musical genius if ever there was one, for the first time in a while/years, he continues to leave you/us/audiences not only impressed but in absolutel awe, screaming and begging for more at the end (love saying that).

Leon rocks everyone's socks off, whether we are wearing any or not ...

Whether he blabs much, or at all, whether he introduces the band or not, whether we stand or sit, we are all indeed very fortunate that Leon Russell is still doing what he always has done better than anybody and shows no signs of slowing down or letting up -- and, for that, how can one not be humbled, or, dare I say, appreciative ?? ...

Bottom line here is, as long as Leon isn't going to act his age on stage, neither am I off it ...
4798) Pam Voss 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Saturday, February 23, 2008 12:24 Write a comment

Leon, my husband and I are sooooo looking forward to seeing you again tonight at the Culture Room. We just walk down the street and have a blast! Your last concert there was marvelous. Ready to have a great time again! Thank you...... Pam and Phil
4797) Buzz Goodrich 
IP logged Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12
Saturday, February 23, 2008 11:11 Write a comment

Been a fan since '70-saw the opening of "Mad Dogs and Englishmen" movie, then saw you live in Buffalo in '71 with Freddie King as an opening act-one of my favorite concerts of all time! Been to at least 10 shows over the years-I'd LOVE to see you do a song or two off either of the "Asylum Choir" albums with Marc Benno-there's some real gems on those albums that just never got any exposure! Stay healthy and keep rockin'!!
4796) Bill Barnett 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0)
Saturday, February 23, 2008 00:12 Write a comment

Leon,

I have an old children's record from the mid-60's called the Super Record of the Super Heroes. The very best track, "Captain Marvel Jones," has a vocalist who sounds an awful lot like you: "...uh, he's the southern superman."

Any chance you played with the session group the Super Dupers way back when?
4795) Rick 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1)
Friday, February 22, 2008 22:14 Write a comment

Just got an MP3 player, one of the first to go on was Leon - Never heard Magic Mirror clearer, and was disappointed that I couldn't get the exact lyrics online. I'll just have to write them down myself (I've got it on vinyl and several CD's).

Listening since the 70's, and pointed out to younger brothers-in-law that Leon had done 'Back to the island' way before J. Buffet!
4794) Sharon Lachowicz Fan from 70's 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Friday, February 22, 2008 14:25 Write a comment

Hey Leon
See you in Fort Lauderdale FL 2/23 at Culture Room - I bought 10 tickets for my family so we could have a reunion - My family has been singing "Stranger in a Strange Land" at every Birthday, Wedding, Party we've had for 30 years
Everyone knows at the end of the night the "Lachowicz family" will get in a circle and sing that song together!!
That's our tradition

Hope you will sing it with us!!
See you Saturday!
Sharon Lachowicz
Fort Lauderdale FL
Sharon@BpoBrokers.com
4793) nitelitejo 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; SV1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 1.1.4322)
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 23:41 Write a comment

Leon,
Have been a fan of yours since Asylum came out. You're music is an important part of my music collection. Thanks for all the joy your music and lyrics have brought to me, and thanks for continuing to tour!!!Love you!
4792) Ginny 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.648)
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 16:08 Write a comment

I am so glad to see you are still at it! Wil o the Wisp and the Wedding album were very important parts of my music collection. Thank You!!!!
4791) Jeff Dieterle 
Wednesday, February 20, 2008 10:16 Write a comment

Hey Man,
Just missed you in Jacksonville, had to get back up north but looking forward to catching you in Bloomington, IN.
Your music got me through some tight times back in the late 60's & early 70's....thanks
4790) david williams 
Monday, February 18, 2008 13:12 Write a comment

Hey Leon, Will be seeing you this friday in jacksonville beach. Can't wait. Please do Hummingbird.
4789) Joe Bill Moad 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; YPC 3.2.0; VRE Toolbar 1.44)
Monday, February 18, 2008 05:32 Write a comment

Leon:
I would like to book you back in Okc in the near future! There are some new venues that would test the weather on any night that Leon showed up. People are cravin to have you back.
4788) Gloria 
IP logged Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8.1.12) Gecko/20080201 Firefox/2.0.0.12
Sunday, February 17, 2008 23:31 Write a comment

I loved the show Saturday at The Pour House. We really appreciate the chance to see you. My husband saw you ages ago, but I never have and last year we couldn't get into the place. It was great!
4787) Mark O'Keeffe 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; SpamBlockerUtility 4.8.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727) View Web Page 
Sunday, February 17, 2008 17:02 Write a comment

Hey Leon,

Your voice is unique, one of the all time greats! Whenever I am discussing musical performance, your performance at The Concert for Bangla Desh is one that is always at the forefront of my mind and one I encourage everyone to check out. It is a spine tingling performance, and in music, when your spine begins to tingle, then you're getting the message!

Thanks SO MUCH for your music.

God Bless You.

Mark
4786) Ben Reynolds 27 years old 
IP logged Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 6.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.0.04506)
Saturday, February 16, 2008 04:37 Write a comment

You are the definition of cool. My dad held the door open for you at a grocery store as he was working on a studio as a kid. I've seen you twice, and grew up listening to you. A responce would be nice. Look forward to seeing you in Norman.
HTML code is disabled 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 525